Challenges

January 23, 2017

Vegetarian eh?

Hello it's Julia again ☺️ So Stella and I thought it would be a cool idea to share what we'll be eating for the week because of the Eco friendly diet challenge. So we're both vegetarian, so this week we are trying to eat a little more vegan. We'll post every day of what we had for breakfast, lunch and dinner 🍴! We'll also try to share some fun recipes for you to try if you're having a hard time thinking of things to make. 
Okay so what I had for...
Breakfast: 
Quinoa puff cereal with some raisins and flaxseed (to get my daily dose of omega 3). I used almond milk which is great if your not a fan of soy milk. You can also find coconut, rice 🍚, cashew and hemp milk pretty easily. 
Lunch: 
Chickpea salad sandwich (instead of tuna, egg, and chicken) with this homemade hummus bread I made over the weekend (recipe for bread and chickpea salade will be down bellow) 
Dinner: quinoa salad πŸ₯— (from Costco πŸ˜‚) and a bagel with hummus and πŸ₯’.  I also had an energy ball for dessert (link to recipe down below). 

This is what Stella ate today: 
Organic Kashi cereal with blueberries. 
Lunch:
Spinach and cheese mini pie. 
Dinner: 
Lentil soup 🍜 

Chickpea salad sandwich: 
Cup of chickpeas (mashed with a fork) 
2 tbs of vegan mayo 
Some Siracha 
1/4 cup of chopped celery 
And some salt and pepper to taste 

Bread ( btw this is so easy to make, you just mix and bake) 

Energy balls: 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I will try making the energy balls. The recipe looks simple.